Santa Clara California Medical Association
In March 2023 the Santa Clara California Medical Association issued School Best Practices Recommendations which includes:
- Creating a “Safe Tech in Schools Program” to educate students and staff on how to use devices safely and reduce wireless use in the classroom
- Using blue light reduction methods to reduce eye strain
- Establishing and promoting school cell phone-free policies
- Preferring and installing hard-wired ethernet devices instead of wireless wherever possible
- Consulting with an RF professional who can measure radiofrequency radiation
- Avoiding installation of smart meters on school premises
- Considering a policy to restrict installation of cell towers on school property
The Santa Clara California Medical Association has developed numerous resources such as articles published in the Santa Clara California Medical Association about 5G, wireless in schools and the impacts on learning and more.
“A growing body of peer reviewed research is showing neurologic damage to fetal brain and other systems from Wi-Fi and other microwave wireless sources.”
Read all the Santa Clara Medical Association Bulletin Articles by Dr. Cindy Russell.
- Wireless Silent Spring
- Wi-Fi in School: Are We Playing it Safe With Our Kids
- Shallow Minds: How the Internet and Wi–Fi in Schools Can Affect Learning
- A 5G Wireless Future: Will it Give Us a Smart Future
- Autism Rising Environmental Factors Part 1.
- Autism Rising Environmental Factors Part 2
- Saving Your Landline May Save Your Life
- What’s the Diagnosis Doctor? Electromagnetic Sensitivity
Dr. Cindy Russell helped form Physicians for Safe Technology in 2016. She serves as its executive director and helps educate clinicians on the adverse effects of technology use. Physicians for Safe Technology provides the tools for diagnosis and treatment and works with policy makers to help them understand the need for public policy actions that avoid or reduce threats to health and the environment.
The Association held an environmental health continuing education series that featured the health effects of technology moderated by Dr. Cindy Russel, executive Director of Physicians for Safe Technology and author of numerous articles about wireless and health.
In 2015, Dr. Cindy Russell of the Santa Clara Medical Association moderated a Wireless Technology and Public Health conference in Mountain View, California sponsored by the Santa Clara County Medical Association Alliance Foundation.
Joel M. Moskowitz, PhD, Director, Center for Family and Community Health, U.C. Berkeley School of Public Health presented as well as several others. Watch all the videos here.