How do I stream music?
There are several easy ways to do this. You can play pre downloaded music instead of wireless streaming.
Step by Step
- Connect your computer to wired speakers, specifically speakers which do not use Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- Download playlists from Spotify, Apple Music or another music streaming service provider onto your device and then turn the device into Airplane mode and ensure that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth OFF.
- For a whole house solution, there are speakers (like Ikea’s Symfonisk Speakers) that can be hardwired with an ethernet cable instead of using Wi-Fi. Remember that you must turn the Wi-Fi antennas off when you ethernet to connect the speakers- or else the wireless will still be emitted from the device. Some speaker models have both ethernet and Wi-Fi. If you find ethernet connected speakers, you also need to check that the specific model has the capability to turn the wireless antennas off.
How do I stream music in the car?
- Instead of using Bluetooth to play music streaming from your cell phone, check to make sure your car stereo allows you to plug your device into the speaker system via USB or another type of port.
- Then, you can pre download playlists from Spotify, Apple Music or another music streaming service provider onto your device. All you have to do is turn the device onAirplane mode and double check that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth OFF.