Athens Medical Association
On April 1st 2017 the Athens Medical Association voted to issue 16 recommendations to reduce human exposure to wireless radiation.
ATHENS MEDICAL ASSOCIATION 16 RULES FOR SAFER USE OF WIRELESS COMMUNICATION
- Use your cell phone with caution and make brief calls as necessary
- Children under the age of 14 should make limited use of cell phones
- Do not put your cell phone in contact with your head
- Do not use your cell phone inside a car, train, aeroplane, or elevator
- Restrict cell phone use when children or pregnant women are near
- Keep mobile phones away from your body
- When using your cell phone keep a safe distance from others
- Do not carry or keep your cell phone inside your pockets
- At bedtime, disable WiFi on your router and switch off your mobile phone
- Do not play games on-line; and if you will, first switch to airplane mode
- Hands-Free option is always preferable though may not be completely safe
- Wireless connections may increase your exposure to microwave radiation
- Limit WiFi connectivity and use hard-wired connection whenever possible
- When signal strength is weak do not attempt to make a call
- If a corded landline is available make use of this as a preferred option
- Disable WiFi, Bluetooth & Data options from your cell phone and other mobile device(s) when not needed.
Athens Medical Association website page on Electromagnetic Radiation and Health Conference whereby doctors voted to issue these recommendations.
What You Need To Know To Keep Your Family Healthy
Stay Informed With Us!
Children deserve safe and healthy technology. We are educating families on how to make smarter choices and pushing for stronger laws to protect children’s future.
Join our community to stay up to date. Together, we will support safe tech for our kids.